Including, but not limited to:
1. Define physical fitness.
2. Describe the relation between individual lifestyles and health related fitness.
3. List specific benefits of achieving and maintaining an optimal fitness level through participation in a regular program of physical activity.
4. List and describe all components of health-related physical fitness.
5. List and describe acceptable levels of health-related components.
6. List factors one should consider before engaging in a physical fitness program.
7. describe how the health-related components of fitness are improved through the application of the training principles.
8. Explain the structure and functions of the cardiovascular and respiratory system.
9. Define flexibility.
10. List and define terms associated with muscular strength and endurance training.
11. Describe myths associated with weight control.
12. Define stress and selected stress related terms.
13. Identify steps in designing a personal fitness program.
14. Identify potential safety hazards inherent in physical fitness activities.
15. Demonstrate appropriate safety practices when participating in physical fitness activities.
16. Identify factors which should be considered befor engaging in a physical fitness program.
17. Design a personal fitness program that will lead to an optimal level of fitness.
18. Record personal fitness program goals and performances.
19. Describe how health-related components of physical fitness are increased through the appreciation of training principals.
20. Describe and demonstrate the correct biomechanical and physiological principles related to cardiovascular fitness.
21. Identify consumer issues related to selection and purchase of fitness equipment.
22. List common attitudes held by people toward exercise and fitness.